Phone: +31 (0)20 312 28 74
Mobile: +31(0)6 558 84 681
Bart is a seasoned international business lawyer acting as of-counsel within HEUSSEN. He specialises in company commercial law with a particular focus on China.
- Acting as lead lawyer for a Chinese private equity fund in its acquisition of a Dutch education institution.
- Assisting as local counsel to a major Chinese law firm in the acquisition by a Chinese listed company of European subsidiaries of a Dutch listed company.
- Advising a US company on EU and domestic Dutch legislation on self-driven car technology.
- Setting up a joint venture for a Dutch software company in China.
- Acting as co-counsel for a Dutch shareholder in selling its Chinese joint venture in the heavy industry sector to a Chinese listed company.
Bart participates in HEUSSEN’s Chinese Desk and regularly travels to China to support HEUSSEN's Chinese clients with their Dutch and EU activities and Dutch clients with their Chinese business. Bart is fluent in Dutch and English, conversant in French and German and very basic knowledge of Chinese.
Bart has registered the principal legal practice areas CORPORATE LAW in the Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas (rechtsgebiedenregister). Based on this registration, he is required to obtain ten (10) training credits per calendar year in each registered principal legal practice area in accordance with the standards set by the Netherlands Bar.
AmsterdamHEUSSEN Advocaten & Notarissen
Oval Tower, 10e etage
1101 HE Amsterdam
Foreign languages: Dutch, English