Martijn B. Koot
Phone: +31 (0)20 312 28 15
Mobile: +31 (0)6 466 38 141
Martijn is a partner in the corporate law and banking & finance practices and focuses primarily on cross-border corporate and financial reorganizations, acquisitions and joint ventures and on cross-border financial transactions including but not limited to syndicated lending, acquisition and leveraged financing and asset-based lending.
- Acting on behalf of a US listed wire and cable company in connection with a syndicated credit agreement (asset based lending);
- Acting on behalf of leading Korean construction company with regard to the setting up of an intermediate JV company with a non-related party and transferring the interest in an existing JV company to the new JV company;
- Acting on behalf of a leading multinational hygiene products company based in Sweden in connection with various cross border corporate and financial reorganizations;
- Acting on behalf of one of Canada’s “Big Five” banks in connection with a syndicated credit agreement with a Canadian mining company and the establishment of various security rights;
- Acting on behalf of a Canada-based precious metals producer with respect to a notes offering and an amendment of its existing syndicated credit agreement.
Martijn speaks Dutch and English fluently. She co-heads HEUSSEN’s North America desk and is a member of the ABA (American Bar Association).
Martijn has registered the principal legal practice area BANKING & FINANCE in the Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas (rechtsgebiedenregister). Based on this registration, she is required to obtain ten (10) training credits per calendar year in each registered principal legal practice area in accordance with the standards set by the Netherlands Bar.
AmsterdamHEUSSEN Advocaten & Notarissen
Oval Tower, 10e etage
1101 HE Amsterdam
Foreign languages: Dutch, English