Nils E.W. van Dijkman
Phone: +31 (0)20 312 28 11
Mobile: +31 (0)6 222 30 516
Nils is a partner in the employment law practice. He advises on various employment law matters, with a particular emphasis on reorganisations, employment law aspects of mergers and acquisitions, industrial relations, cross-border employment and employee participation issues (works councils). He advises both Dutch and international companies, as well as their executives.
- Reorganising of one of the largest beer breweries in the Netherlands, including negotiations with the works council and trade unions on a social plan and related procedures, including the company collective labour agreement negotiations with the unions;
- Reorganising the Dutch production facility of a listed Japanese multinational in the metal industry, including negotiations with the works council and trade unions and related procedures;
- Reorganising headquarters and factories of one of the largest international companies in the Food Sector, including negotiations with the works council and the trade unions regarding a social plan;
- Negotiating and reaching a collective bargaining agreement with the relevant trade unions;
- Reorganising a leading chain in the Fashion Industry, including collective dismissal and related litigation.
Nils has been appointed as Honorary Consul General for Sweden in Amsterdam and the surrounding area as of June 2020. Previously, Nils has been Chairman of the Swedish Chamber of Commerce for the Netherlands (2007-2015) and has been awarded the title of Honorary Member. The Legal500 describes Nils as "flexible, down-to-earth and result-driven". Nils is member of VAAN (Dutch employment lawyers association), EELA (European Employment Lawyers Association) and the IBA (International Bar Association). Nils is fluent in Dutch, English and Swedish (native). He heads HEUSSEN’s Sweden Desk.
Nils has registered the principal legal practice area EMPLOYMENT LAW in the Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas (rechtsgebiedenregister). Based on this registration, he is required to obtain ten (10) training credits per calendar year in each registered principal legal practice area in accordance with the standards set by the Netherlands Bar.
AmsterdamHEUSSEN Advocaten & Notarissen
Oval Tower, 10e etage
1101 HE Amsterdam
Foreign languages: Dutch, English, Swedish