Niels van Gelder
携帯電話: +31 (0)6 533 76 564
Niels is a partner in the employment law practice. He advises both national and international clients on various employment law matters, with a particular emphasis on individual and collective dismissals, reorganisations and post deal harmonisation of employment conditions, cross-border employment and employee participation issues (works councils).
- Assisting a Japanese bank in restructuring of its Dutch operations, including conducting the consultation process with the works council, negotiations in respect of a social plan and the dismissal of employees;
- Advising a Japanese company in the financial services industry in respect of a power harassment claim;
- Advising a leading US electronics company in respect of liability in a personal injury case;
- Assisting a leading Japanese excavator manufacturer in a post cross-border merger harmonisation of terms and conditions of employment;
- Acting as an external legal counsel for one of the largest companies in Facility Management.
Niels graduated in Dutch law at the University of Amsterdam (Master of Law) and subsequently studied at Cambridge University (LL.M.). The Legal500 recommends Niels due to his “insight and understanding of the clients’ mindset”. Niels is a member of the Association of Employment Lawyers Amsterdam (VAAA) and the Association for Employment Law (VAA). Niels is fluent in Dutch and English. He co-heads HEUSSEN’s Japan Desk.
Niels has registered the principal legal practice area EMPLOYMENT LAW in the Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas (rechtsgebiedenregister). Based on this registration, he is required to obtain ten (10) training credits per calendar year in each registered principal legal practice area in accordance with the standards set by the Netherlands Bar.
アムステルダムHEUSSEN Advocaten & Notarissen
Oval Tower, 10e etage
1101 HE Amsterdam